Saturday, October 1, 2016

Week 1: Who Are You?

Hello, 
So the main focus of this blog is the 52 Week Project. Each week will be a different photo 'assignment'. I will adventure into the world around me with my trusty camera/Phone( the one in the photos below took a nose dive, sadly it was not its first but it was it's last) and shoot it. That is after I've packed a diaper bag full of snacks, toys and diapers and had a giant cup of coffee. Once upon a time I didn't drink coffee.... I was also single and young so there is that. 
So back to the PROJECT,  its week one(I am using EverydayEyeCandy's list, but there are tons of others you can pick... Pinterest is a good place to start). La Shawn's list is great, I have to tweak it just a bit because well like a true procrastinator I am starting October 1st rather than January 1st.  
So this is called 'Who Are You'. Wow that could get deep. I'm staying shallow. 
I am Lauren, Lauren Martin, formerly Lauren Rapp. I was born in St Louis, moved to Des Moines, grew up with 5 AMAZING siblings, 2 of the best parents anyone could ask for and an army of dogs, hamsters, fish and for a short time a blue parakeet named Ocean. After going through a quarter life crisis I packed up my Jeep Grand Cherokee and moved back to St Louis. That impulsive and crazy decision was the best I ever made, 7 months after moving here I met Todd. After a rocky and embarrassingly drunken start we were married in September 2011.  We welcomed our fur baby, Hammie a miniature American Eskimo in February of 2012 and our skin puppy Charlotte in July 2014. 
I am currently a SAHM, and learning to be comfortable with that. I spent the last 17 years working, I love being with my daughter but I miss some of the driven purpose work provided. To help with that I am pushing myself to become a *Domestic Diva*. I apprenticed as a mom most of my childhood under a woman that worked 40 hours a week on the night shift, served a home cooked meal every night, was a girl scout leader, basketball coach and homeroom mom. The woman even made our Halloween costumes by hand and was the annoyingly crafty woman that made personalized May Day baskets for all the kids on the block. Oh and the icing on the cake is she bakes to put Betty Crocker to shame. I make a mean bag of Bertolli and burn cookies by looking at them. 
I am somewhat trained as a photographer BUT most of my formal training was in 35mm SLR and darkroom. I have learned most of what I know for digital by reading blogs, watching webinars and YouTube videos. My personal goal is to work my way up to taking pictures professionally and successfully running my own studio. The 52 Week Project was recommended as a way to hone my eye and give purpose to my photos. Please if you have a suggestions, I am an open sponge?...book? I am whatever 
This Weeks Photos  I don't have photo info on these because unfortunately I had to take with my phone.  Any photos I will post settings taken on! 








No comments:

Post a Comment